STS is an AI car and waypoint system, with editor helper tools that allow for quick creation of waypoint based routes that can be interconnected to create road networks in your scenes.
The primary logic is handled by a single AI Traffic Controller that AI Traffic Cars register to, it uses the C# Job System and Burst Compiler to spread processing across all available CPU cores, reducing usage on the main thread, allowing you to use more of your performance budget for other content.
90 minutes of tutorial videos to help teach workflow and demonstrate available features.
Integration with Stylized Vehicles Pack - Low Poly
- No DLLs: Full source provided!
- Modular: create, connect, and edit waypoint routes for AI cars to follow.
- Waypoint Based: each waypoint can set speed limit, call stop driving, be a junction to new route point(s), or trigger custom events via Unity inspector.
- Traffic Lights: control when AI cars can exit waypoint routes.
- Yield Triggers: control when AI cars can proceed to next waypoint at intersections with traffic lights.
- Traffic Stops: control when AI cars can exit waypoint routes.
- Pooling System: disables cars far away from the player, and spawn cars around the player; allows scaling up scene size without using more cars.
- Unity Physics Components: AI cars use Rigidbody and Wheel Colliders.
- Vehicle Types: define which cars can spawn/merge onto which routes.
- Volume Sensors: more accurate detection compared to raycasts; uses layer mask to determine which objects should be detected.
Editor Utility Tools
- Supports Undo/Redo
- STS Tools Window: select from various tools to help automate waypoint route configuration tasks, reducing the need to dig through the hierarchy to configure references and settings.
- Lane Connector: draws handles in the scene view over end of route waypoints, select 2 routes to auto configure lane change points.
- Route Connector: draws handles in the scene view over route waypoints to create route connections between waypoints.
- Route Editor: view/edit all waypoints from the selected route.
- Signal Connector: draws handles in the scene view over end of route waypoints and traffic lights. Used to connect/disconnect route traffic signal lights.
- Spawn Points: draws handles in the scene view over waypoints to manually add/remove spawn points, randomly assign spawn points to all waypoints, or remove spawn points from all waypoints.
- Spline Route Creator: procedurally generates multiple waypoint routes and their waypoints along a spline with a unique offset for each, allowing you to quickly create routes and waypoints on large roads with curves or inclines.
- Stop Connector: draws handles in the scene view over end of route waypoints and traffic stops. Used to connect/disconnect route traffic stops.
- Yield Triggers: draws handles in the scene view over route waypoints, and yield triggers. Used to connect/disconnect waypoints and yield triggers.